Mrs Macquarie's Chair
This unique landmark—a massive rock fashioned into a cozy bench—was carved from sandstone in the early 1800s by Gov. Lachlan Macquarie for his wife Elizabeth. As the story goes, when the weather was warm and the sun high, Mrs Macquarie loved to relax at the point of this scenic peninsula and stare out over the ocean.
Today, travelers enjoy a leisurely walk to Mrs Macquarie’s Chair from the iconic Opera House or wander over to this historic attraction after a visit to the nearby Royal Botanic Garden. In a bustling city that’s alive with energy, the stone bench offers visitors a perfect place to unwind, relax and take in the some of the best views of Sydney Harbour.
Tours and tickets to Experience Mrs Macquarie's Chair
What are Mrs Macquarie's Chair hours of operation?
Should I book Mrs Macquarie's Chair tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mrs Macquarie's Chair 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mrs Macquarie's Chair?
- 4-Hour Private Sydney Sightseeing Tour with Pickup
- Sydney Uncovered Full-Day Tour
- Half-Day Guided Sightseeing E-bike Tour of Sydney Harbour
- Best Sydney Private City Tour - Full Day (Rate per Group)
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania