Top Tamarindo Classes & Workshops
22 results | All Tamarindo Tours
* A traveler said: "The instructors at Iguana Surf really know their stuff! My 15 year-old son had a great experience learning to surf. The instructor spent 2 full hours with him. The equipment was in good condition as well. Highly recommend it!"
* A traveler said: "Riding my first wave from my first time it was just pura vida! Strongly recommend surf classes with Augustin our instructor for the day!"
* A traveler said: "We had such a great time. First time for all of us driving an ATV. Baby was wonderful. Made sure we all had a great time snd were safe. Took my phone to shoot a video snd take pictures. Would def recommend again. Thank you for a great morning!!!!"
* A traveler said: "This is a simple tour. The guide met us at our hotel (Diria), we walked a couple hundred yards down the road to their place on the beach. They carried the kayaks down to the water and we paddled across the Captain's Island. The island is not much more than a rock outcropping, you can see it from anywhere on Tamarindo Beach, it's the island beyond the moored boats with a sandy looking beach. It was a windy day and the operator asked if wanted to wait until later in the day to see if it calmed down, we were ready to go so decided to give it a try. It was not a bad paddle across to the beach and the landing area is good. The guide walked us around the island pointing out wild life and view points on shore. I did not expect the snorkeling to be very good as it was quite windy and frankly it didn't look like much of a reef as we paddled over it. To my surprise, it was actually pretty good despite the rough water. A good reef with reasonably clear water and a good variety of fish. The guide found some unique fish, including spider starfish and a puffer fish. The paddle back was a bit difficult as it was pretty much straight into the wind. The guide hooked up a tow rope between the kayaks to help keep us on track. The kayaks are very stable even in fairly rough waters. It took a while, maybe 30 minutes, to get back to shore but it was a good workout. Total time was just over 2 hours. I would do this one again, it would even better under better weather conditions."
* A traveler said: "We loved the captain and crew. We had such a fun time! Thank you for a great Costa Rican Catamaran experience!! Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "A great experience. I own my own horse at home, so the owner took me to the side and we did a lot of galloping along the beach and straightaways. My husband on the other side was completely content with walking/trotting with the group. It was great for all levels of experience!"
* A traveler said: "Great Ride, Comfortable vehicle, and an AMAZING Driver! The service was first class. I will definitely use them again!"
* A traveler said: "From the friendly welcome thru the zip lining and pleasant guides just a great fun time! Great environment!"
* A traveler said: "Gustavo was a great guide (Native way tours) . He was patient and knowledgeable about the rain forest, both flora and fauna."
* A traveler said: "What a wonderful experience - from our driver/tour guide to each of the adventures and employees that were part of it all! Thank you so much!"
* A traveler said: "What an amazing experience! The views and zip lining was an incredible experience but it was our tour guides that made it the most memorable. Hector and Eduardo aka King Kong and David such wonderful guys. I would say this is a must for anyone visiting Costa Rica."
* A traveler said: "Sebastian was awesome! His English was great and he was super patient with us beginners. We learned so much and found ourselves riding waves well before the end of the session. This is such a great value. 2 hours of helpful instruction with rash guards, boards, and bottled water included. Cannot recommend these guys enough. 5 stars."
* A traveler said: "Alejandro was outstanding. A great and knowledgeable teacher who loves surfing and showing others how to surf. I will set up a three day session with him on our next trip to CR."
* A traveler said: "When you immerse yourself in a culture I believe it always starts with food. Maria met us at the local produce market and proceeded to explain everything we asked about and simultaneously hand picked our produce for the meal to come. She welcomed us into her home and kitchen to begin a three course meal that did not disappoint. The wife and I chopped and cut the vegetables in preparation and Maria was there every step of the way introducing us to new flavors and music. Don't hesitate to book this experience!"
* A traveler said: "Lady’s cooking class was more than great! We loved spending every moment learning how to cook traditional Costa Rican food. She was a pleasure to be around. Be ready to take home so many delicious left overs to enjoy! Wonderful experience :)"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Playa Flamingo
- Things to do in Santa Cruz
- Things to do in Playa Hermosa
- Things to do in Liberia
- Things to do in Sámara
- Things to do in Monteverde
- Things to do in Jaco
- Things to do in San Jose
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Panama City
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley