Ways to Beat the Crowds in Vancouver
Due to its growing population and the rising tide of tourists, Vancouverc can get busy, particularly in summer. From prebooked tickets to out-of-town escapes, here are some easy ways to combat the crowds.
Prebooking popular attractions can save you time and money. Avoid waiting in long ticket lines by purchasing skip-the-line admission tickets for the Vancouver Aquarium, Vancouver Lookout, Capilano Suspension Bridge, and Grouse Mountain.
Take to the Skies
When the city streets are too busy to bear, opt for a sky-high sightseeing tour instead. Soar above the sidewalks of downtown in a seaplane or swoop across the Strait of Georgia to Victoria on Vancouver Island, and avoid the jam-packed summer ferries while you’re at it.
Embrace the Weather
When it rains in Vancouver, most travelers avoid outdoor sights. But if you’re willing to don a rain jacket and grab an umbrella, you’ll have top Vancouver attractions all to yourself. Top picks include Gastown and the Stanley Park Seawall, but if you’d prefer a day indoors, head to Science World, Flyover Canada, and the Bloedel Conservatory at Queen Elizabeth Park.
Get Out of Town
Sparsely-populated wilderness is within easy reach of the Vancouver. Excursions along the Sea to Sky Highway offer lots of potential stop-offs. For a more off-the-beaten path escape, venture to the bucolic Fraser Valley wine country, where you can enjoy tasting sessions at boutique wineries.
- Two Days in Vancouver
- Vancouver to VIctoria Tours
- Whale Watching in Vancouver
- Whitsler Tours from Vancouver
- Food Truck Dining in Vancouver
- Vancouver Cruises and Water Tours
- Art Lover’s Guide to Vancouver
- Must-See Museums in Vancouver
- How to Spend 2 Days in Vancouver
- Whistler Tours from Vancouver
- Vancouver Neighborhood Guide
- Food Lover's Guide to Vancouver
- Romantic Things to Do in Vancouver
- Ways to Beat the Crowds in Vancouver