Venice is a city built on water, and the Grand Canal (Canale Grande) is its bustling main street. Lined with sumptuous Venetian palaces and crowded with gondolas, water taxis, and vaporetti (public ferries), this thoroughfare is a feast for the senses. The Grand Canal winds its way through the central neighborhoods of Venice from the Santa Lucia train station to St. Mark’s Square (Piazza San Marco), passing under the iconic Rialto Bridge along the way, and functions as the scenic main artery for transporting both people and goods around the City of Canals.
Tours and tickets to Experience Grand Canal
What are Grand Canal hours of operation?
Should I book Grand Canal tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Grand Canal 2021?
What's the best way to experience Grand Canal?
- Fish shopping in Rialto and home cooking in Murano
- Private Cruise: Venice Viewed by the water
- Venice Grand Canal Tour with Private Boat (4 hours)
- Private Grand Canal Boat Tour , Murano and Burano 6 hours
Things to do near Venice
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia