Things to Do in Venice with Kids
While far from stroller friendly, Venice is a wonderful city to visit as a family, particularly with older children who don’t mind crowds. But it takes more than gelato to get the balance right between churches, art galleries, and activities even young kids will enjoy. So in between the pizza, make time for some Venetian fun. Here’s how.
- Take a cooking class.Pasta makingis quick, rewarding, and easy enough for even young ones to join in.
- Cruise thecanalsor the lagoon in your choice of kayak, sailboat, motorboat, water taxi, vaporetto, or classic gondola.
- Create art you can take home.Glassblowingmakes epic memories for teenagers; younger kids will love decorating a mask. *Play dress-upat a costume photo-shoot.
- Go on atreasure huntor join asecret tour: The Doge’s Palace boasts dungeons and an armory.
- Embrace learning. ARomeo and Juliet tourof nearby Verona is ideal for Shakespeare students, while the Peggy Guggenheim Museum provides an education in modern art.