Top Victoria Whale Watching
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
The waters around Vancouver Island make up one of the very best places in the world to spot orcas, humpback whales, gray whales, and minke whales. Here's everything you need to know to see them for yourself on a whale watching tour in Victoria.
When to Go
Although pods of resident orcas live in the local waters year round, you'll have the highest chance (around 85%) of spotting these majestic mammals and other whale species between late March and October.
What You'll See
Whales love the Pacific Northwest—especially the waters around Vancouver Island near Victoria. Visitors have a high probability of seeing humpback whales, gray whales, orcas, and minke whales, all in addition to other wildlife such as seals, bald eagles, and porpoises.
How to Go
Travelers to Victoria have a number of whale watching tour options that offer the chance to view whales in their natural habitat. Whether you choose a naturalist-led, marine ecology-themed boat cruise, a tour that combines whale watching with a trip to Butchart Gardens, or a seaplane tour that drops you off at a ship for whale watching, you're sure to remember your experience. Find even more options below.
10 results | All Victoria Tours
Marvel at the majesty of Canada’s marine wildlife on this 3-hour whale-watching adventure in Victoria. Hop aboard your boat, a semi-covered vessel built specifically for whale-watching trips, and cruise through the Haro Strait with your guide. Watch the waves from the open sun decks or stay protected from the spray in the heated indoor cabin. Stop off at points of interest through the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Listen to fascinating commentary from marine naturalists on board, and admire the beautiful orca, humpback whales, and minke whales you find.
Admire native marine wildlife in the waters of British Columbia on this 3-hour whale-watching adventure in Victoria. Hop aboard your open-top boat in Victoria Harbour and cruise out into the rolling waves with your guide. Your vessel, a zodiac speedboat, is built with stability in mind and remains buoyant even in rough seas. Cruise through the Haro Straight to the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Watch the water for sightings of humpback whales, minke whales and orcas breaching the waves, and learn of their life cycle and migration habits.
Discover a new perspective on Victoria’s striking coastal scenery—and have the rare chance to spot giants of the deep, as well as other marine animals—with this sunset whale-watching tour. Make your own way to the dock in Downtown Victoria, and hop aboard your catamaran, equipped with three separate viewing decks. You can look out for whales, sea lions, and more—and see the sunset from the water’s edge.
Discover the best of Victoria at your own pace on a half-day Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour. The comprehensive route takes you to 15 of the city's most popular locations, including China Town, Ogden Point, Fisherman's Wharf, and Craigdarroch Castle. On board commentary offers insight into the city’s history and culture. Feel free to hop off at any destinations that interest you or simply enjoy the ride.
Become more in tune with nature on this private 3-hour whale-watching adventure in Victoria. Board a zodiac vessel with your private group, and cruise along the Haro Strait and the Strait of Juan de Fuca in search of whales and other marine life. While on the water, listen to interesting facts about these mammals of the sea.
Explore Victoria's history and culinary scene on this walking tour of the British Columbian city. Follow a guide to highlights such as the Parliament Buildings, the Inner Harbor Causeway, Trounce Alley, Bastion and Market squares, Fan Tan Alley, the Harmonious Gates of Interest, and the Victoria Public Market. Along the way, stop for between food tastings of craft beer, chocolate, tea, tapas, cheese, bread, olive oil, and other local products.
Enjoy swift travel and breathtaking views over British Columbia on this Victoria to Vancouver seaplane flight. Hop aboard your seaplane in Victoria’s Inner Harbour and take to the skies with your pilot. Enjoy panoramic views over local landmarks including Ogden Point, the Fairmont Empress Hotel and the BC Parliament Buildings. Soar over the Gulf Islands’ sandy beaches and dense forests, and look out for the mighty Lion’s Gate Bridge and Brockton Peninsula.
Soar over downtown Victoria and surrounds on a thrilling, 20-minute seaplane flight! Take to the skies right from the water and enjoy an unforgettable aerial perspective of the harbor, coastline, Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic Mountains towering in the distance. With a maximum of five passengers, it’s an intimate, small-group ride navigated by an expert pilot.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Spin through downtown Victoria on two wheels and discover top city attractions with ease on this Victoria castles and neighborhoods bike tour. Hop onto your bike and follow your guide through the city streets. Learn of Victoria’s colorful past through its historic buildings, and explore districts including the Inner Harbour, Cook Street Village, and Chinatown. Enjoy fine views over the Dallas Road waterfront and admire the eery Craigdarroch Castle. Cycle through Moss Rock Park and Beacon Hill Park, and soak up the artistic atmosphere in leafy Fernwood.
Explore the city of Victoria and the famous Butchart Gardens on this half-day guided tour. On the way to the gardens, stop at several attractions including Beacon Hill Park, Craigdarroch Castle, and Mount Tolmie Park. While at the Butchart Gardens, take in the impressive floral displays and the many theme gardens. On the return trip, visit Chinatown, Parliament, and the Empress Hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Whale Watching in Victoria?
The best Whale Watching in Victoria according to Viator travelers are:
What Whale Watching in Victoria are taking additional safety precautions?
These Victoria experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Whale Watching in Victoria are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Victoria may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Dolphin Watching
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- City Tours
- Hop on Hop Off Buses
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Victoria Inner Harbour Tours & Tickets
- Abkhazi Garden Tours & Tickets
- Fort Street Tours & Tickets
- Fairmont Empress Hotel Tours & Tickets
- Strait of Juan de Fuca Tours & Tickets
- Church & State Wines Tours & Tickets
- Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites Tours & Tickets
- Government Street Tours & Tickets
- Sidney (Sidney-by-the-Sea) Tours & Tickets
- Race Rocks Ecological Reserve Tours & Tickets
- Victoria Chinatown Tours & Tickets
- Victoria Butterfly Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Royal British Columbia Museum Tours & Tickets
- Fisherman's Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Mt. Tolmie Park Tours & Tickets
- Gulf Islands National Park Reserve Tours & Tickets
- Bateman Foundation Gallery of Nature Tours & Tickets
- Pacific Marine Circle Route Tours & Tickets
- Old Town Victoria Tours & Tickets
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets