Things to Do in Washington DC This Fall
Fall foliage makes a colorful backdrop for Washington DC’s towering monuments and landmarks, and autumn is a wonderful time to explore America’s capital. Whether you’re all about history, checking out art, or enjoying the view from the Potomac River, use these tips to get inspired for a fall trip to DC.
- Cruise between monuments on ahop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Enjoy views of brilliant fall color by taking aday trip to Gettysburg.
- Bundle up for anighttime tour of DC monumentsby autumn moonlight.
- Spot riverside foliage on aPotomac River cruise. *Visit Mount Vernonon a day trip and see gardens touched by fall color.
- Take anAfrican American history tourof the city.
- Pedal between sights on aguided bicycle tour of DC.
- Tour the moving monuments, memorials, and graves atArlington National Cemetery.
- Check out theSmithsonian Museums’ natural wonders and masterpiece artwork.
- Discover DC’s best bites on agourmet tour of U Street or Georgetown.
13 Tours and Activities | All Washington DC Tours
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Things to Do in Washington DC This Fall