Top Activities on the Ground in Washington DC
40 results | All Washington DC Tours
* A traveler said: "The whole tour was amazing. You’re able to see a ton of the historical monuments and memorials in such a quick and easy way. There was plenty of time to take them in and get some pictures. Our tour guide was super knowledgeable, personable, and made sure the group was happy at each location."
* A traveler said: "Changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Grounds are beautiful and the guides are awesome"
* A traveler said: "Ignacio was a wonderful guide! Thank you for sharing this fun experience with us. My 11yo niece was visiting from Texas and she learned tons of history and loved riding bikes in the city. We loved it too! Perfect excursion…thanks to all!"
* A traveler said: "The FDR memorial was very moving . The best part of the whole experience was the knowledge of our guide -Sam R"
* A traveler said: "Starts near wharf which I would not have seen otherwise so that was cool. Nice bikes. Great guide. Interesting stories."
* A traveler said: "Really great way to see all of the monuments in DC. Enjoyed the fun facts along the way! Would highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Mr Math was terrific! He made the tour fun and very interesting! I would highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour. Guide gave lots of interesting history and information. Really pleasant fun bike ride mixing it up"
* A traveler said: "Jennifer was very knowledgeable and informative. It was my wife and my first gastronomic tour. We had a great group and became instant friends. We look forward to doing our next food tour."
* A traveler said: "Loved the cultural experience of touring DC. The tour guide was knowledgeable and accommodating. Highly recommend it!"
* A traveler said: "we toured the outside and inside three of the most important buildings in DC: Capitol Building, Supreme Court and the Library of Congress. Donna the guide provided very clear history and function of each of these institutions, with great story telling. Its a great overview if you want to have an idea about these buildings in a single tour."
* A traveler said: "Excellent way to see and learn about Washington D.C. My 13 year old son loved our personal bike tour more than anything else that we did on our 4 day trip to D.C. We were able to cover lots of ground in a short amount of time. Will definitely recommend to all my friends and family that visits D.C. in the future."
* A traveler said: "Our cruise on the way back was cancelled, so they upgraded is to the electric bike! The bikes were great made the ride on the way there in the rain much easier and the ride back super fun. The trail is great and marked well. We had a great time stopped on the way back and took in the views along the water."
* A traveler said: "The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bikes were in excellent condition and comfortable. My daughter and I saw so many more sites because of the bikes than we would have on foot. DC is very bike-friendly. Even with 90+ degree weather, we enjoyed our biking experience."
* A traveler said: "We did a Family Bike trip with Jeff and it was an awesome experience. Our kids are ages 10, 8, and 5.5. The youngest rode a tag along with Jeff and was really enthusiastic about riding with the leader. He is used to a tag along so I would make sure your child is okay with that. Jeff took time to explain many historical facts about DC and we were able to cover a ton of ground on a beautiful day while getting good exercise."
* A traveler said: "Have to admit, we were less than pleased when we had to pay to rent bikes an additional 117.00 after paying 300.00 for a bike tour. Especially after I called Viator and spoke with someone and they told me it would only be additional if I have more than 4 people. That said, We are very happy that we did this tour. It was really worth it. Love that is was just our family. Much easier to negotiate streets, etc, with a small, private group. The monuments were GORGEOUS at night and we felt like we saw everything we wanted to, with less crowds, at our pace. Charlie was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. It was a beautiful breezy evening incredible for AUGUST which made the evening so enjoyable. If you can swing it, I would definitely recommend this tour and this company."
* A traveler said: "Great time! Our guide was very informative and knowledgeable. Great way to see the city! Bike assistance was a good way to cover more ground."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding. Our guides were excellent and had incredible knowledge of the sites and the city. We learned so much! Fun for adults, teens and kids. Can't wait to do it again."
* A traveler said: "we enjoyed our trip, everything was just fine. Sorry I can't remember our guides name, but she was excellent. I am so glad I found your site online as I really can't walk for very long and appreciated being able to show my granddaughter some of the points of interest in DC."
* A traveler said: "Best way to see the Monuments. Able to get far more sightseeing in via bike. Very bike friendly city"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument
- West Potomac Park
- Library of Congress
- DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum
- Dupont Circle
- National Zoo
- Old Stone House
- Georgetown University
- President Lincoln's Cottage
- Eisenhower Executive Office Building
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Adams Morgan
- National Portrait Gallery
- Embassy Row
- National Museum of Natural History
- Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Eastern Market
- Alexandria Christ Church
- United States Treasury Building
- White House Visitor Center
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Massachusetts