Top York Hop on Hop Off Buses
Saved to wishlist!
9 results | All York Tours
Journey back in time on a hop-on hop-off bus tour of York, England’s quintessential medieval town. Your flexible 24-hour ticket enables you build a custom itinerary of York’s main attractions such as The Stonebow, Clifford’s Tower, Museum Gardens and more. With unobstructed views from the open-top viewing deck and 20 possible stops around town, you have the best of the city at your fingertips.
See the historic city of York from a different perspective during a 45-minute or 1-hour cruise on the Ouse River. Relax during a leisurely sail, accompanied by commentary that details the history and culture of York, and enjoy unobstructed views of landmarks such as Clifford’s Tower and the York Museum and Gardens. Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule.
A hop-on hop-off bus is the perfect way to explore York on your terms. Sit on the bus and learn about the city's famous sights through an audio guide, and then hop off at any of the 20 stops that interest you. Along the way, pass by the York Minster, York Art Gallery, the National Railway Museum, Clifford's Tower, Jorvik Viking Centre, and the Monk Bar.
Delve into the dark recesses of York’s history on this evening ghost bus tour. With your spooky local guide, visit notorious local haunts of restless spirits, and pass eerie sites such as York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, and the grave of Dick Turpin, infamous highwayman and murderer. Throughout the tour, hear anecdotes and fascinating facts about York’s grisly past, and make key stops for a closer look at the city’s most haunted buildings.
See a spookier side to York without the worry of getting lost during this guided ghost walk around the streets and snickelways (alleys) of the medieval city. Listen to your guide tell tales of York’s tragic past that you wouldn’t otherwise hear, ask questions along the way to learn more, and enjoy an atypical introduction to the city.
See the historic city of York from a different perspective during an Ouse River cruise. Setting off in the early evening, sail past ancient landmarks and quaint riverside villages, all the while learning about the area’s Roman and Viking heritage. Keep warm in the heated saloon, where alcoholic drinks, warm beverages, and snacks can be purchased at your own expense.
You don’t have to join a tour group to discover York. This audio walking tour lets you set the pace and pick up and drop the route when it suits you. Hit all the signatures—York Minster, Stonegate, Mansion House, the Shambles, one of the best-preserved medieval streets in the world—and more. The app works online or offline, including geodata, so you won’t need to waste money on roaming charges.
Skip the standard group tours and enjoy an alternative history of York during this award-winning, immersive guided tour of the city. Pass by top attractions—such as the Shambles and Jorvik Viking Centre—as you listen to your guide tell tales of witches, queens, and murderers that you wouldn’t hear on most other tours.
Discover the rugged beauty of rural north England on this 8-hour North York Moors and Whitby day trip from York. Explore Hutton-le-Hole and Goathland, famed filming locations for the Harry Potter movies. Delve into the North York Moors National Park for panoramic views over the rolling countryside. Soak up Whitby’s seaside atmosphere at your leisure, perhaps visiting Whitby Abbey, the port or the Captain Cook Museum. Return via the Hole of Horcum and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 16 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Hop on Hop Off Buses in York?
The best Hop on Hop Off Buses in York according to Viator travelers are:
What Hop on Hop Off Buses in York are 1 hour or less?
Hop on Hop Off Buses in York that are 1 hour or less are:
What Hop on Hop Off Buses in York are taking additional safety precautions?
These York experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- City Tours
- Hop on Hop Off Buses
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Barley Hall Tours & Tickets
- Mansion House Tours & Tickets
- Clifford's Tower Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Dig Tours & Tickets
- Beningbrough Hall Tours & Tickets
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall Tours & Tickets
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway Tours & Tickets
- York Maze Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming Tours & Tickets
- York Brewery Tours & Tickets
- York Cold War Bunker Tours & Tickets
- Goddards House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Fairfax House Tours & Tickets
- York Castle Museum Tours & Tickets
- Yorkshire Museum Tours & Tickets
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar Tours & Tickets
- Jorvik Viking Centre Tours & Tickets
- York Army Museum Tours & Tickets
- York Dungeon Tours & Tickets
- Treasurer's House Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets