One of the most iconic hikes in Yosemite, the Mist Trail leads hikers to not one, but two of Yosemite's standout waterfalls: Vernal and Nevada Falls. You can reach the Vernal Fall footbridge (the best view of Vernal Fall) in about 1.5 mile (2.6 km) round-trip; be prepared for a three mile (4.8 km) to reach Vernal Fall. The hike isn't difficult if you stop at the footbridge, but if you continue up to Vernal Fall, be prepared for steps cut into the cliff side.
Pushing on to Nevada Fall will take your total up to a seven mile (11 km) round trip, but it's worth it for some of the finest views in all of Yosemite, encompassing Nevada Fall, Liberty Cap, and the back side of Half Dome. You'll get close enough to the falls that you’ll feel the spray kiss your face and clothes, so wear proper clothing and exercise caution when hiking on the slick rocks.
Tours and tickets to Experience Mist Trail
Should I book Mist Trail tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mist Trail 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mist Trail?
- Yosemite Valley Hiking Tour
- Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias - One Way (SF to Yosemite or v.v.)
- 1 day Yosemite and Giant Sequoia Tour from Groveland
- Yosemite Classic Camping Trips
Things to do near Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona