Home to towering Sequoia trees, Tuolumne Grove is one of the most popular day hikes in Yosemite National Park. The hike to the grove is relatively short—only 2.5 miles (4km) round trip—and generally takes around two hours including the stops to crane your neck skyward and admire the ancient trees. One of the park’s three Sequoia groves, Tuolumne Grove is home to 25 of the massive trees, and also includes a “drive through tree,” which although it is no longer open to vehicles, makes for one of the more interesting photos you’ll take when visiting the park.
To learn more about the history of the grove, as well as the trees themselves, you can join in a guided hike to the grove when the trail is open in summer, or experience having the grove to yourself on a snowshoeing trip in winter.
Tours and tickets to Experience Tuolumne Grove
What are Tuolumne Grove hours of operation?
Should I book Tuolumne Grove tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Tuolumne Grove 2021?
What's the best way to experience Tuolumne Grove?
- Giant Sequoia Grove Hike or Snowshoe
- Giant Sequoia Grove Hike
- Yosemite National Park and Giant Sequoias - One Way (SF to Yosemite or v.v.)
- 1 day Yosemite and Giant Sequoia Tour from Groveland
Things to do near Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in San Francisco
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona