- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Popular choice with kids
Departure & Return
We are located 15km south of Varmahlíð on Road #752. We are on your LEFT just after crossing a little bridge over a river.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age: 6
- Recommended items to bring with you: Thermal underwear/base layers, warm fleece top/wool sweater, fleece pants/extra long johns, thick wool socks/hiking socks (at least 1 pair), change of clothes for after the river, any necessary medications (asthma inhalers, etc.), waterproof camera (optional)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Viking Rafting
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Family Rafting Day Trip from Hafgrímsstaðir: Grade 2 White Water Rafting on the West Glacial River.