- Day trip to Seville in Spain from the Algarve, led by a friendly local guide
- Explore Seville on a walking tour and see top city attractions such as Seville Cathedral and Real Alcazar Palace
- Walk around Maria Luisa Park and visit Plaza de España to see its large courtyard fountain
- Visit Seville’s Santa Cruz neighborhood and learn about its Jewish history
- Enjoy ample free time to sightsee independently and shop
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service that covers the Algarve region
Departure & Return
Please contact us for correct meeting point.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
First, stroll to beautiful Maria Luisa Park, a public park humming with local picnickers and shaded by a canopy of palm, elm, and Mediterranean pine trees. Walk along the park’s expansive Moorish-style gardens as you approach the stunning Plaza de España. Learn how this Renaissance Revival style building was built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition World’s Fair.
Enter the regal Plaza de España noticing the half-circle moat, grandeur walking bridges, and gorgeous twin towers. Head towards the center and see the Vicente Traver fountain. Watch as water soars into the air creating a cooling mist.
Move onward to explore the neighborhood of Santa Cruz. Learn about this former Jewish quarter as you wind your way through narrow cobblestone alleys with Tapas Bars at every turn. After wandering past charming whitewashed houses arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage site Seville Cathedral. Stop for a perfect photo opportunity at the world’s largest Gothic cathedral.
Next, head to Real Alcazar Palace (Alcazar of Seville), the oldest royal palace still in use today. Admire its architecture developed by real Moorish kings and learn how the upper levels are still occupied by the royal family. After visiting the palace your tour ends with your guide, but continue for the next 3 hours on your own.
If you’re hungry, head to a tapas bar for a wide variety of tasty bites or grab a smooth gelato to cool down (own expense). Perhaps, step into a souvenir shop or just wander corridors taking in the ambiance. After three hours, rendezvous with your guide at a prearranged location and time and return to your Algarve hotel where your day trip ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTS Globe
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Seville Day Trip from the Algarve.
- "It is a long day depending where you get picked up from but you get plenty of time in Seville so it's worth it!" See review
- "Practical info: Pick-up by van at 0610am (10 minutes early) from Quinta do Paraiso resort in Carvoeiro (west Algarve) After 2 bus transfers finally reached Seville at 1030am Portugal time." See review
- "Of course you do not have a great deal of time to explore but you can plan it out and hit some of the city's highlights." See review