4 to 7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover Jordan’s rich history on this half-day tour to the Umayyad Desert. Visit these desert ‘castles’ that were once used as caravan stations, trade centers, outposts, and resort pavilions. Admire the beautiful Islamic art, mosaics, frescoes, and carvings that can be found inside and were inspired by Persian and Greco-Roman traditions. Spend about 45 minutes at each destination before heading back to Amman.
- Visit the Umayyad Desert’s ‘castles’ on this half-day tour from Amman
- Learn the history behind these structures from your informative guide
- Admire the Islamic art that can be found inside these desert structures
- Enjoy complimentary round-trip transportation from your hotel in Amman
Saved to wishlist!
English Speaking Driver
Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at site, Personal Expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Your hotel in Amman
Return point: Returns to the original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day Tour Desert Castles & Azraq Wetland Reserve?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Day Tour Desert Castles & Azraq Wetland Reserve?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "This tour is well worth doing not just to see the castles, which were fascinating, but to experience the Eastern Desert - a very strange environment." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Day Tour Desert Castles & Azraq Wetland Reserve
4 to 7 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
2 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmmanBus Tours - JerusalemCity Tours - JerusalemBus Tours - BethlehemCity Tours - BethlehemBus Tours - Tel AvivCity Tours - Tel AvivCategory