5 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Rewind to ancient and medieval Jordan on this private Jerash and Ajloun Castle day trip from Amman. After a journey north, stop to visit Jerash, one of the world’s best-preserved Roman cities. Admire the colonnaded Oval Plaza, temples, plazas, and monuments; and then continue to Ajloun Castle to explore the fortress, built in 1184 by Saladin’s forces. Air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off are included, with optional local guiding at the sites at own expense.
- Full-day private trip to Jerash and Ajloun Castle from Amman
- Travel north to Jerash, sometimes called the ‘Pompeii of Asia'
- Stroll around the Roman ruins to see the Oval Plaza, Temple of Artemis, and more
- Visit 12th-century Ajloun Castle, built by Saladin's army to defend against the Crusaders
- Admire the medieval Islamic architecture and views of the Jordan Valley
- Explore the sites independently or choose to hire local guides (own expense)
- Private air-conditioned transport with driver, plus Amman hotel pickup and drop-off included; with entrance fees at own expense
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge)
Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at the site, Personal Expenses, Admission Fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Pickup from any hotel in Amman
Return point: Tour ends at the same pickup location
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during One Day Trip to Jerash & Ajloun Castle?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during One Day Trip to Jerash & Ajloun Castle?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
One Day Trip to Jerash & Ajloun Castle
5 to 8 hours
4 hours 10 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmmanBus Tours - JerusalemHistorical Tours - JerusalemBus Tours - BethlehemHistorical Tours - BethlehemBus Tours - Tel AvivHistorical Tours - Tel AvivCategory
Azraq Castle (Qasr al-Azraq) Tours & TicketsUmm Qais (Gadara) Tours & TicketsJordan Archaeological Museum Tours & TicketsAmman Citadel (Jabal al-Qalaa) Tours & TicketsKharana Castle (Qasr al-Kharanah) Tours & TicketsAzraq Wetland Reserve Tours & TicketsAmra Castle (Qasr Amra) Tours & TicketsKing Abdullah Mosque Tours & TicketsRainbow Street Tours & TicketsRoyal Automobile Museum Tours & Tickets