- Half-day sightseeing tour of Amman and Jerash
- See Amman Citadel and stunning Roman Theater
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash on a walking tour
- Marvel at its well-preserved theaters, fountains and arches
- Stop for photos at its colonnaded street and intriguing Oval Plaza
- This private tour ensures you see the best of the sights and receive undivided attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
On route, hear interesting facts behind this rock-top collection of Roman, Byzantine and early Islamic ruins and head inside to explore. See the stunning Roman temple, colonnaded streets and other relics as a guide unravels the history of each monument.
Continue to Amman’s spectacular, 2nd-century Roman amphitheater, once part of the ancient city of Philadelphia that once stood on the site of today’s modern capital. Admire the scale and symmetry of the stunning, 6,000-seater arena, and hear from your guide how it was built to face north to shelter spectators from the fiercest heat of the sun.
Having explored here, sit back and relax as you leave Amman and drive to the archaeological ruins at Jerash. Soak up the views of the passing towns and desert landscapes, and along the way, hear the history of Jerash. Largely established by Alexander the Great in the 2nd century BC, this ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806.
Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters and elegant colonnaded street and snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns.
After your walking tour, return to Amman where your experience finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including internet bundle are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 15 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- Most travelers can participate
- For Arab and G.C.C. nationals, please book Jordan Pass option; visits without entrance fees included, as reduced entrance fees apply. It is better for Arab and G.C.C. passport holders to pay directly in destination their entrance fees.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff