3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Experience the Holland of old on a private, 3-hour trip to Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam. Enjoy the beauty of the Zaan region, with its wooden windmills, quaint villages and meadows. Stop at the historical, windmill village of Zaanse Schan and take a guided tour around the pretty lanes and watersides, passing green-painted houses, wooden barns and shops. Watch clogs and cheese being made at craft workshops, and visit a working windmill to learn how they were used to pump water, saw wood and more through the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Private 3-hour trip to the windmill village of Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam
- Admire the wooden windmills and countryside of Holland's picturesque Zaan region
- View the highlights of Zaanse Schans on a guided tour of its painted houses and bridges
- See a cheese-making demonstration and watch traditional clog-makers at work
- Visit a working wooden windmill to view its cogs, grindstone and spinning sails
- Learn about the Zaan region and its role as an industrial heartland during the 17th and 18th centuries
- Enjoy personalized commentary and full attention from a private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For pick up from airport Amsterdam Schiphol, an additional cost of EUR 50,00 is charged.
For not listed pick up places, this will be possible as well. Please contact us.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaan Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Zaanse Schans from Amsterdam?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 7258P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamShore Excursions - The HaguePorts of Call Tours - The HagueShore Excursions - RotterdamPorts of Call Tours - RotterdamShore Excursions - DordrechtPorts of Call Tours - DordrechtCategory
MarkenAmsterdam DungeonMint Tower (Munttoren)National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)Amsterdam MuseumVolendamZuiderzeemuseumVenustempel Sex Museum National Monument (Nationaal Monument op de Dam)Westerkerk (Western Church)Theater AmsterdamHerengrachtXtracold IcebarMuseum Our Lord in the Attic (Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder)Allard Pierson MuseumDe Gooyer WindmillMoco MuseumHouseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)Museum of Bags and PursesDam Square