Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour trip from Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans and the surrounding countryside
- Delight in the pretty countryside, pastures and canals of the Zaans region
- Explore the picturesque museum village of Zaanse Schans to see its green-painted weatherboard houses
- Visit a clog-making workshop and cheese farm to learn about these olden crafts
- Head inside a working windmill to see its spinning sails, stones and cogs
- Learn about the historical Zaans region, an industrial powerhouse during the 17th and 18th centuries
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your driver in opposite of Amsterdam Central Station at a small square in front of the Saint Nicholas Church and hotel NH Barbizon Palace. Just before the departure time, look out for an orange umbrella saying "Zaan Tours".
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- As seats on this tour are restricted, all travelers should have a ticket
- This tour contains a moderate amount of walking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Zaan Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms