- Full-day, private Wadi Rum tour from Aqaba
- Ride a 4x4 through the UNESCO-listed wilds of Wadi Rum
- See spectacular sandstone mountains, valleys, and gorges
- View Lawrence’s Spring, ancient rock art, and Al-Khazali canyon
- Visit the Burdah Rock Bridge, and opt to climb to the top
- Includes lunch plus tea at a Bedouin camp
- Round-trip transport, entrance fees, and Aqaba hotel and port pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
This UNESCO-protected region consists of deserts littered with craggy mountains and valleys that have been home to Bedouins for centuries. It’s where TE Lawrence, nicknamed ‘Lawrence of Arabia,’ fought alongside the Bedouins during World War I. Scenes from the 1962 movie 'Lawrence of Arabia' were filmed here, and some of its beauty spots bear his name.
Then, arrive at Wadi Rum’s visitor center and after using the facilities, board a 4x4 with a Bedouin driver to begin your tour. Pass Rum village, whose houses are flanked by towering granite mountains, and view a ruined Nabataean temple, thought to date to the 14th century BC.
Drive between two of Jordan’s highest mountains, Mount Rum and Um Ashreen, and pause at the base of Lawrence’s Spring. This natural mountain spring is so named for reputedly being where Lawrence stopped to wash during the 1917-1918 Arab Revolt.
View some rock inscriptions thought to be 5,000 to 10,000 years old, and after a break for tea at a Bedouin camp, visit the Al Khazali canyon, a narrow ravine framed by high, red-walled cliffs.
Take an optional trek up to a natural rock bridge, and continue to the Burdah Rock Bridge, the wadi’s highest rock arch. If you wish, make an optional guided climb to the top to experience the awe-inspiring views over the surrounding mountains.
Stop for lunch, and see the remnants of Lawrence’s House—where he is thought to have stayed—before visiting one of the wadi’s famous sunset-watching sites.
Admire the incredible sunset views before returning to the wadi entrance and swapping vehicles for your return to Aqaba. Your private tour then finishes at your hotel or Aqaba port.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jordan Echo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms