9 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore two lesser-known Aswan sights on a tour of the Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum, with an Egyptologist guide. Learn about ancient Egypt’s gods at Kalabsha, an ancient temple overlooking Lake Nasser. Admire the beautiful temple and hear how it was rebuilt here in the 1960s to save it from Lake Nasser, formed by the building of Aswan’s High Dam. Afterward, visit Aswan’s Nubian Museum, a showcase of ancient Nubian artifacts. See 6,000-year-old pottery, armor and more, and learn how many exhibits were salvaged before being submerged by Nasser's waters.
- Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum tour from Aswan, with an Egyptologist guide
- Visit Kalabsha Temple, a stunning sandstone edifice on the banks of Lake Nasser
- Tour the colonnaded court, halls and chambers decorated with images of ancient gods and pharaohs
- Explore the captivating Nubian Museum, a treasure trove of Nubian history
- See ancient pottery, horse armor and other displays detailing ancient Nubian life
- Learn how Kalabsha and many museum exhibits were saved from the rising waters of Lake Nasser
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
All service charges and taxes
All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Lunch at Local restaurant (Optional)
Departure & Return
3WV4+CVR, Aswan 2, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- ot wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Emo Tours Egypt
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum Day Tour from Aswan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum Day Tour from Aswan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum Day Tour from Aswan?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kalabsha Temple and Nubian Museum Day Tour from Aswan?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAswanBus Tours - LuxorArchaeology Tours - LuxorHistorical Tours - LuxorFull-day Tours - LuxorBus Tours - Marsa AlamArchaeology Tours - Marsa AlamHistorical Tours - Marsa AlamFull-day Tours - Marsa AlamBus Tours - Abu SimbelArchaeology Tours - Abu SimbelHistorical Tours - Abu SimbelFull-day Tours - Abu SimbelCategory