4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Discover the highlights of Avignon’s UNESCO-listed Old Town in just half a day: this private tour offers the perfect introduction to the city. Pick between morning and afternoon departure times, and set off on foot. You’ll discover the Palais des Papes (a centuries-old, fortified papal palace), the Pont d’Avignon (the city’s iconic bridge), Les Halles (its bustling, historical marketplace), and more. As you go, learn the secrets behind the sights from your guide.
- A private tour offers the most intimate way to discover the city
- Pick between convenient morning and afternoon tour times
- Discover Avignon’s key attractions in the space of a single tour
- See UNESCO-listed sights like the Palais des Papes and Pont d’Avignon
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee and/or Tea
Visit to Les Halles - the covered market in Avignon
Admission and audio tour Palais des Papes, Avignon
Admission to Pont Saint-Benezet (Pont d'Avignon)
Departure & Return
18 Place Pie, 84000 Avignon, France
5 Place du Palais, 84000 Avignon, France
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Minimum Numbers - we reserve the right on some occasions, to combine more than one booking, but guarantee never more than two groups & never more than eight persons per tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- IMPORTANT Health & Safety: Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and in particular our hired vehicles and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests. Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE, if required to do so. The driver of a hired mini-bus will wear a mask as will our driver/guide whilst in the vehicle together. We recommend our guests to do likewise. Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY OohProvence
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Classic old town Avignon from the Romans to the Pope's - half day private tour ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Classic old town Avignon from the Romans to the Pope's - half day private tour ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Classic old town Avignon from the Romans to the Pope's - half day private tour ?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Classic old town Avignon from the Romans to the Pope's - half day private tour ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 138969P2
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursAttractions & MuseumsHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAvignonSkip-the-Line Tours - ProvenceWalking Tours - ProvenceHistorical Tours - ProvenceAttractions & Museums - ProvenceHalf-day Tours - ProvenceSkip-the-Line Tours - ArlesWalking Tours - ArlesHistorical Tours - ArlesAttractions & Museums - ArlesHalf-day Tours - ArlesSkip-the-Line Tours - NîmesWalking Tours - NîmesHistorical Tours - NîmesAttractions & Museums - NîmesHalf-day Tours - NîmesCategory
Eglise Notre-Dame des SablonsRhône RiverGordesLes Baux-de-ProvenceLes Halles MarketUzesSenanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)RoussillonAigues-MortesLes Saintes Maries de la MerNimesChurch of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)Châteauneuf-du-PapeAvignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)Lavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande)Tavel