- Half-day trip to Gigondas and Châteauneuf-du-Pape from Avignon
- Explore the vineyards of the Rhône Valley with your guide
- Enjoy panoramic views over the French countryside from the castle at Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit a local wine cellar and enjoy a tasting session of the region’s famous wines
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, travel south to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a lovely village in the Rhône Valley surrounded by prestigious wine estates. Marvel at the rolling vineyards that produce varietals such as cinsault, grenache, and counoise, and learn about the region’s rich viniculture and terroir. Stop at a hilltop castle to snap some panoramic shots of the Rhône Valley and visit a charming winery to taste fine wine and tour the wine cellars.
Enjoy time to purchase some traditional souvenirs before heading back to Avignon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Châteauneuf-du-Pape Small-Group Wine Day Tour from Avignon.