Explore our promoted experiences
- Roman sites day trip from Avignon
- Admire top city attractions like the Maison Carree, and the Roman amphitheater in Nîmes
- Discover the Episcopal palace, the Fenestrelle Tower, and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Pont du Gard, a famous Roman aqueduct
- Discover the city of Orange and the visit of the Roman Antic Theatre
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures personal attention from your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
In Nîmes, immerse yourself in story as your guide explains the city’s main monuments, some of the most impressive in France. See Maison Carrée, a remarkably preserved temple built to honor the Emperor. Visit the Arènes de Nîmes (Nîmes Arena), a formidable Roman amphitheater built in the 1st century.
Next, travel to the quaint medieval town of Uzès, an ancient city that served as a medieval stronghold. Stroll narrow streets to visit the Fenestrelle Tower, Place aux Herbes (the main square) and Saint-Théodorit d'Uzès Cathedral. Then finish your tour at the nearby Pont du Gard, a UNESCO-listed aqueduct on the Gardon River. Considered an ancient work of art, this three-tiered construction is the highest of all elevated Roman aqueducts.
Your fun and educational tour concludes with return to your Avignon hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The amphitheater in Nimes may be closed for concerts or events. In this case the audio guided visit will be replaced by a photo stop at the amphitheater and entrance to the Maison Carrée
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The Theatre in Orange can be closed because of special events in summer time
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 4 years old are not allowed on tours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands