- 3.5- to 4-hour wine-tasting day trip from Avignon
- Visit two local wineries in the Châteauneuf-du-Pape winemaking territories
- Admire panoramic views over 17th- and 18th-century castles in the French countryside
- Sample the wines during tasting sessions with your guide
- Marvel at the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Roman amphitheater in Orange (depending on day of visit)
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your hotel in Avignon
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
You’ll visit up to two acclaimed wineries in the world-famous Châteauneuf-du-Pape region, where the prestigious Appellation d'Origine Controlée (AOC) regulations were developed. As you travel, listen to your expert guide describe the grape varieties that thrive in this region, including Grenache, Cinsault and Counoise.
While at each winery, you’ll learn more about strictly preserved wine-making techniques, stroll through the cellars stacked with barrels of maturing wine, and enjoy a tasting session of several beautiful samples. Immerse yourself in the sensory experience of wine-tasting from taking in the color and aroma to identifying the complex flavor notes on your palate. Afterward, spend time strolling the vineyards and admiring gorgeous views of the centuries-old castles and mansions that dot the Rhône Valley.
Your half-day excursion ends with drop-off at your hotel by afternoon. By the end, you’ll better understand the rich ecology of the Rhône Valley and the art of viticulture in southern France.
Please note: Monday and Thursday tours will visit two wineries. On any other day of the week, your tour with include one winery visit and tasting, followed by a stop in Orange to view its UNESCO–listed Roman amphitheater, one of Europe's most magnificent examples.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Culture and Wine in Chateauneuf du Pape Small-Group Day Trip.