- Horse-drawn sleigh ride in Banff
- Take a scenic sleigh ride for some winter fun
- Enjoy views of snow-covered meadows, valleys, and the Canadian Rockies
Departure & Return
Please meet at Warner Stables, the big red stables located at the end of Sundance Road in Banff. When you arrive, please follow the sleigh ride signs to check in for your ride at the office in the west barn. There is plenty of free parking at the site.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Climb up into the traditional horse-drawn sleigh with your party and snuggle up as you take in the views. See the horses' steamy breath rise in clouds as you set out into the snow-covered landscape.
Glide through the pristine meadows for 40 minutes, admiring stunning views of the mountains and the surrounding valley. Look out for local wildlife and snap photos as you travel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There are no age restrictions for this tour and children 3 years and under are free. However, children 3 years and under are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions (eg: -35C).
- Children aged 17 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Any minors under 18 years who are not accompanied by an adult must present a pre-signed waiver to go on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Each row in the sleigh will be exclusive to a booking. Each row can hold a maximum of 4 guests. Bookings of more than 4 guests will need to be divided into more than one booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of two participants are required to make a booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Trail Riders
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff