- Rafting tour down Canada’s scenic Kananaskis River, with an optional river swim
- Learn how to navigate adventurous rapids from your guide, in a fun and safe way
- Enjoy stunning views of the Canadian Rockies as you cruise down the river
- See local wildlife swimming in the blue waters, strolling the shore, or gliding in the sky
- Includes optional hotel pickup and drop-off in Banff or Canmore
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be ready 15 minutes prior to your tour time.
Pick up will be from the public bus parking area behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 12:45pm or from the front of the Coast Canmore Hotel at 1:10pm.
What To Expect
Start your rafting adventure with an optional pickup in Banff or Canmore. Check with your tour operator for exact pickup times. Then enjoy the short scenic ride as it winds its way through the Canadian countryside. Once you arrive, listen as your guides share safety instructions and paddle techniques for your time on the river. Then jump aboard to start your journey. This part of the river runs calm, allowing you the chance to admire the lovely forest environment and soaring mountains that line the banks. Make sure to watch for the area’s local wildlife, including eagles, bear, and deer strolling along the riverway.
Just when things seem to be slowing down, the river comes to life, kicking up a series of frothy rapids that get your heart pumping. Hang tight and listen for your guide’s instructions as he helps you navigate the whitewater. Your day ends with snacks, high-fives and optional return transportation to your hotel.
This is a seasonal tour running mid-May through mid-September.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport option is only available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- The minimum number for tour to run is eight people. Minimum needed for transport is three people.
- Minimum age is 5 years old. Minimum weight is 40 pounds (18 kg). Maximum weight is 350 pounds (159 kg).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Banff Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Kananaskis River Rafting Adventure with Transport.