Explore our promoted experiences
- Discover Bangkok's historic side on this sightseeing tour of 'Old Siam'
- Learn about Bangkok's old city center near the Grand Palace
- Visit historic religious sites like Wat Saket and Wat Rajbophit
- Explore Thai royal antiquities at the Suan Pakkad Palace Museum
- Includes lunch and some entrance fees
- Great way to see a more traditional side of the Thai capital
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
What To Expect
You’ll center your wanderings in this historic sector along three main roads built by King Rama IV, including Bam Rung Muang, Charoen Krung (also known as the “New Road”), and Fueng Nakorn. As you explore the area, your guide will share more details about its creation and some of the businesses that first popped up following its creation.
Continue next to Wat Saket (often called the “Golden Mountain”) offering you the chance to get a different perspective on the city as you climb to the the top of this religious site situated on Ratanakosin Island. Proceed next by local transport to the Khmer community of Baan Bat. Specializing in the creation of Baat Making (alms bowls used by the Thai monk community), this longstanding community is also within walking distance of two other notable sites, Giang Swing and Wat Suthat.
Take a break around midday for an included Thai lunch at a local restaurant before heading to Wat Rajbophit, a Thai religious structure known for its Benjarong wares and aesthetically-pleasing temple hall. Finish your exploration of old Siam by visiting Suan Pakkad Palace Museum, once the residence of Royal Highness Prince and Princess Chumbhot of Nagara Svarga and today home to a collection of Thai antiquities. At the end of your exploration you’ll be dropped off at your Bangkok hotel at 3pm.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
- Most travelers can participate
- We regret that we are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands