- Travel on a longtail boat through the floating markets and visit the rail bridge on the Kwai River
- Visit Kanchanaburi, home to the infamous bridge located on the Kwai River
- Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant and sample the flavors of Thailand
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected hotels included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The Departure time of the tour is 7:00 am.
The Pickup time from your hotel starts from 6:15 AM until 7:00 Am - depending on the location of your hotel. The exact Pickup time will be communicated to you with your booking confirmation.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
After you’ve explored the unique markets—which remain one of the top attractions in this region—return to your air-conditioned coach and head towards Kanchanaburi, where the Kwai River is located. The river’s famous bridge was built in 1943 as part of a wartime project intended to connect Thai and Burmese railways lines to support the Japanese occupation of Burma. More than 100,000 laborers and 12,000 prisoners of war died during the bridge’s construction.
Enjoy a local lunch at a popular restaurant before making your way to the bridge for a closer look. Stop at the JEATH war museum, where you can see pictures and paintings that detail the bridge’s history, and visit the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery which is the final resting place for many WWII prisoners of war.
Head back to your coach for the comfortable return trip to your Bangkok hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Tour from Bangkok.