Are you interested in?
637 Tours & Activities
National Museum of Royal Barges Tours
25 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
1704 Tours & Activities
5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Experience the glory and grandeur of royal Bangkok on a half-day tour to the Grand Palace and the Thonburi Klongs. First, cruise the scenic ‘klongs’ (canal ways) of Thonburi, see waterfront landmarks like the Royal Barges Museum and Wat Arun, and get a glimpse of everyday life in the former capital district. Then, explore the Grand Palace of Bangkok and admire the Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew, one of Thailand’s most precious religious icons. Choose from a private or small-group tour, with hotel pick-up and entrance fees included.
- 5.5-hour tour of Thonburi Klongs and the Grand Palace of Bangkok
- Cruise around the ‘Klongs’ (canals) of historic Thonburi
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Grand Palace
- Marvel over the famous Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew
- Great value tour includes hotel pick-up and entrance fees
- Choice of private or small-group tour, ensuring personalised attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
A professional English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request
All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
All applicable taxes and service charges
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets,Visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point.
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from riverside hotels located in Bangkok city center. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis. Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- For all riverside excursions (river cruises, lunch and dinner cruises, long tail boat tours and other water-based tour options), restrictions on transfers from and to booked riverside accommodation along the Chao Phraya River are applicable. Customers are requested to make it to their nearest pick-up point in the downtown Bangkok area.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power; We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- River-based excursions may not be operated during certain Thai celebrations and royal events.
- This tour is operated only in the morning.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence?
This activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence.
See all safety measures taken by Bangkok’s Waterways and Royal Residence.
Product code: 8084P236
Explore Similar Things to Do
Water ToursDay CruisesFull-day ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursTours & SightseeingBangkokWater Tours - PattayaDay Cruises - PattayaFull-day Tours - PattayaHalf-day Tours - PattayaWater Tours - Hua HinDay Cruises - Hua HinFull-day Tours - Hua HinHalf-day Tours - Hua HinWater Tours - Ko ChangDay Cruises - Ko ChangFull-day Tours - Ko ChangHalf-day Tours - Ko ChangCategory
Khlong Toei Market Taling Chan Floating MarketArtist House at Klong Bang Luang (Baan Silapin)Snake Farm (Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute)Art in Paradise BangkokLine Village BangkokKhao Yai National ParkSiam Niramit BangkokSukhumvit Sky BarWat Suthat ThepwararamBang RakAlpine Golf ClubWat KalayanamitAyutthayaSiam Amazing ParkAncient City Museum Tha Kha Floating MarketErawan ShrineLumpini Park (Lumphini Park)