7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Watch trains roll through the centre of this famers’ market during this full-day, guided tour to the unique MaeKlong Railway Market that includes a trip to the Amphawa Floating Markets. Travel from Bangkok to where vendors pullback their stall covers and fresh fruits and vegetables to allow trains to pass within inches of their goods. At the floating market ride a longtail boat to visit food vendors lining the river.
- Shop by boat along a riverbank in a longtail boat at a floating market
- Visit the MaeKlong Railway Market located directly on a live trainline
- Watch as the vendors make way for slow-moving trains passing through
- Cultural experience gives insight into local culture
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed English speaking Thai Tour guide
Pick up and drop-off at your hotel in Bangkok (except hotel around airports)
Private air conditioned vehicle
Thai fruits and desserts
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Tipping and Gratuities to Tour guide and driver (optional)
Departure & Return
Pick up from the main lobby of your hotel in Bangkok at 09:00 a.m.
Shangri-La Bangkok , 89 Soi Wat Suan Plu, New Road Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok , 28 Charoenkrung Soi 70 Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120 Thailand Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok - SHA Plus Certified , 494 Rajdamri Road, Bangkok 10330 Thailand Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok , 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok 10500 Thailand The Peninsula Bangkok , 333, Charoennakhon Road Khlong Ton Sai, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring hat, sunblock, sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes, camera
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Travelers with temperature higher than 37.5 degree celsius, will not be allowed to travel on tour date. And refund will not be issued.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Quality Thai Guide
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Excursion to MaeKlong railway and Amphawa Floating Markets?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Excursion to MaeKlong railway and Amphawa Floating Markets?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Excursion to MaeKlong railway and Amphawa Floating Markets?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Excursion to MaeKlong railway and Amphawa Floating Markets?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Excursion to MaeKlong railway and Amphawa Floating Markets
7 to 8 hours
11 hours 30 minutes
11 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesBus ToursMarketsFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesBangkokFood Tours - PattayaUnique Experiences - PattayaBus Tours - PattayaMarkets - PattayaFull-day Tours - PattayaFood Tours - Hua HinUnique Experiences - Hua HinBus Tours - Hua HinMarkets - Hua HinFull-day Tours - Hua HinFood Tours - Ko ChangUnique Experiences - Ko ChangBus Tours - Ko ChangMarkets - Ko ChangFull-day Tours - Ko ChangCategory
Ancient City Museum Tours & TicketsDusit Palace Tours & TicketsCalypso Cabaret Tours & TicketsMOCA Bangkok (Museum of Contemporary Art) Tours & TicketsGolden Mount (Wat Saket) Tours & TicketsLumpini Park (Lumphini Park) Tours & TicketsWat Suthat Thepwararam Tours & TicketsBang Rak Tours & TicketsErawan Shrine Tours & TicketsBang Pa-In Royal Palace Tours & TicketsCentral World Plaza Tours & TicketsSuan Pakkad Palace Tours & TicketsAsiatique The Riverfront Tours & TicketsSri Mariamman Temple Tours & TicketsKhlong Toei Market Tours & TicketsSiam Amazing Park Tours & TicketsAyutthaya Tours & TicketsPhahurat Market (Little India) Tours & TicketsArt in Paradise Bangkok Tours & TicketsPak Klong Talad Flower Market (Pak Khlong Talat) Tours & Tickets