- Your own private guide
- Visit Kanchanaburi, home to the infamous bridge located on the Kwai River
- Take a look at an age old tradition - the Thai Floating Markets and see how the locals trade on the water
- Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant and sample the flavors of Thailand
- Hotel pickup and drop off from selected Bangkok hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The departure time of the tour should be around 7:00 AM to make the journey the most pleasant.
The pick-up time from your hotel will start prior to the starting of the tour and can vary with a pick-up time from 6:15 AM until 7:00 AM - depending on the location of your hotel.
The exact pick-up time will be communicated to you with your booking confirmation.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
After you’ve explored the unique markets—which remain one of the top attractions in this region—you’ll return to your air-conditioned coach and head towards Kanchanaburi, where the River Kwai is located. The river’s famous bridge was built in 1943 as part of a wartime project intended to connect Thai and Burmese railways lines to support Japanese occupation of Burma. More than 100,000 laborers and 12,000 prisoners of war died during the bridge’s construction.
Enjoy a local lunch at a popular restaurant before making your way to the bridge for a closer look. You’ll make a stop at the Thailand-Burma War Museum near the War Grave Cemetery. After touring the museum head back to your coach for the comfortable return trip to your Bangkok hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Floating Markets and Bridge on River Kwai Day Trip from Bangkok.