- Combined visit to Montserrat and tour of Barcelona's Modernist attractions
- Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat and its 12th-century carving of the Black Virgin
- Enjoy spectacular views from Montserrat mountain while enjoying 2.5 hours of free time
- See Gaudi's famous apartment buildings, plus Parc Güell and La Sagrada Familia
- Listen to entertaining commentary from an expert local guide
- Relax with transport by deluxe air-conditioned coach
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Julià Travel Office; Estació del Nord - ground floor, platform 19.
What To Expect
Start your morning with an excursion to the famous Montserrat monastery just outside of town, meeting in central Barcelona for a departure at 9:15am. Weave your way through the scenic towns that line the roadside on the way to this beautiful attraction, eventually arriving at the Royal Basilica set high above the surrounding area on a rocky mountainside. This ancient religious site, which houses a carving of the Black Virgin (Virgen Moroneta) has been hosting pilgrims for centuries.
Get an overview of the monument from your guide as you learn about its significance to Catalonia and its many years of history, before explore the majestic setting and fascinating grounds for 2 hours at your own leisure. Meet again with your guide to continue the trip back to central Barcelona by coach. During the trip back, you'll have the chance to see the city harbor before reaching the bus terminal where you'll start the second half of your day exploring the work of Barcelona architect Antoni Gaudí.
Begin part two of your Barcelona adventure with a walk to the iconic La Sagrada Familia, known as the crown jewel of the many projects by Gaudí. Admire the exterior of this UNESO World Heritage-listed cathedral as hear about its construction from your guide and crane your neck up at its towering spires. Despite the fact work began in the 1880s, this incredibly intricate project is still under construction to this day.
Head next to Gaudí's Park Güell, an idyllic park adorned with colorful tile-covered benches, terraces and statues that's situated on the hill of El Carmel above the city. This eye-popping monument's beautiful decorations are known to attract huge lines at the entrance. Thankfully, you can skip the line using your fast-track ticket, spending the time you've saved wandering the gorgeous setting of this unusual park with your guide.
Leave the park and head next to Passeig de Gràcia, a boulevard near downtown Barcelona that's home to several Gaudí-designed structures, including Casa Batlló and La Pedrera, that have been turned into museums. Hear the inside story behind the well-to-do Batlló and Milà families that commissioned Gaudí to build the structures, and learn about the ensuing uproar from Barcelona residents when these eye-catching buildings were unveiled to the public. Finish your excursion near Casa Batlló.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is approximately 35 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city center of Barcelona.
- Note that the children's choir performance is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms