- Several difficulty levels and routes available, from easy to expert
- Ride the St. Joan Funicular Railway to the mountaintop on the easy hike
- Visit a medieval Benedictine monastery nestled in the crags of the mountain
- Great way to escape the bustle of the city for a day among nature
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up you at your hotel in Barcelona, please let as know your hotel and address.
We can pick up also in harbor, vacation rentals. Please provide us yous address in Barcelona.
What To Expect
Choose from several levels to match your hiking experience and endurance, each with varying mileage and difficulty. Levels 1 and 2 are suitable for families and novice hikers, featuring an easy walk and spectacular views from the top of the St. Joan Funicular Railway (tram fare not include). Pick up the pace with levels 3 and 4, which include a round-trip hike to the mountain summit along the scenic St. Jeroni Trail. If you're an expert hiker, challenge yourself with a longer hike from the mountain’s west side to east, with a rewarding visit to the famous Benedictine monastery.
After your day out in nature among the history and majesty of Montserrat, relax on the return ride to Barcelona.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Dress code is smart casual, trainers / sneakers or hiking boots.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Snacks, Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- The duration of transfers are approximate 45 minutes, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY BarcelonaWalking
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Montserrat Hiking Experience from Barcelona.