- Visit the charming medieval villages of Besalú and Tavertet with your guide
- Enjoy free time in Rupit to visit medieval locations and time for lunch (own expense)
- Take in stunning views of the countryside from the Cingles de Tavertet sandstone cliffs
- See the beautiful Castellfollit de la Roca village located at the edge of a basalt cliff
Departure & Return
Explore Catalunya Office. We are located in a little alley between the Palau de la Música building and Via Laietana, opposite the Palau de la Música's cafeteria.
Depending on the size of the group on the day, your tour will return either to the main office or to the Hard Rock Cafe- in Place Catalunya, which is just a simple 3-5 minute walk from the office.
What To Expect
Continue next to Castellfollit de la Roca, a positively minuscule town situated on the edge of a basalt cliff. This tiny village harbors 1,000 citizens in a town that’s just 3,280 square feet (1,000 square meters). Proceed to Rupit, where you have time to wander this beautiful hamlet at your leisure. Stroll the cobblestone roads lined with 16th-century houses, cross the city’s hanging wooden bridge, and make a visit Rupit’s baroque-era Church of Sant Miquel. Feel free to have lunch (at your own expense) before checking out the ruins of the Castle of Rupit set on a picturesque rocky peak.
After Rupit, take a scenic drive towards the sandstone cliffs at Cingles de Tavertet, set in the Ter River Valley, passing by the area’s megalithic tomb and its Iberian Wall as well. Then arrive in Tavertet, taking time to explore the area’s 48 preserved homes from the 16th and 17th centuries with your guide. Hear a few details about the village from your guide before checking out the 11th-century Romanesque Church of Sant Cristòfol. You then have time to take a break, grabbing a coffee (at your own expense) or enjoying a short walk to the scenic overlook at Panta de Sau lake.
Finish your trip with a ride back to Barcelona, during which you enjoy vistas of verdant-green forests like Magatalls, along with the UNESCO Man and Biosphere-listed El Montseny natural park. You are dropped off back at your departure point in Barcelona at the end of the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour operates only in English
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Medieval Three Villages Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona.
- "There is also ample time to explore on your own so wear comfortable shoes." See review
- "Keep this in mind if you are prone to motion sickness." See review
- "People do need to consider their physical condition when touring medieval sites,however, as there are always stairs, slopes (up and down), and pathways that can quickly become slippery when wet." See review