- Catalan food and wine day trip from Barcelona
- Sample homemade cheese, home-cured meats, olive oil, and locally grown fruit
- Enjoy a guided tour of a winery and four tastings
- Have a traditional Catalan lunch of regional home-grown products at a 16th-century farmhouse restaurant
- Admire panoramic views of the Catalan countryside, traditional villages and Montserrat
- Small-group tour ensures a personal experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
All of our tours meet at our Explore Catalunya office, which is directly across from the outside cafe area of the Palau de la Musica. We advise that you arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts.
Depending on the size of the tour and traffic restrictions on the day, your tour will finish back at the office or at Placa Catalunya, which is just an easy 3-5 minute walk from our office.
What To Expect
Disembark to sample locally made cheese and wine while gazing at the picturesque scenery, and then continue to the former Benedictine monastery of Santa Cecília to delve into the rich culinary heritage of the region. Capture photographs of the grand Romanesque architecture, and savor appetizing treats like peaches, honey, almonds, and home-cured meats as your guide elaborates on local gastronomic traditions.
Absorb more picturesque panoramas as you travel to the south face of Montserrat to discover an entirely different climate and landscape. Stroll through groves of olive trees, and arrive at a 16th-century farmhouse to enrich your knowledge of olive oil pressing during a tour of the olive mill and its medieval water tanks.
Feast on a traditional Catalan lunch made using locally grown produce (upgrade to a Sunday tour to enjoy local Catalan dishes), and then head into the heart of the Penedés, a verdant winemaking region renowned for its top-quality cava. Take an informative tour of a local winery’s subterranean cellars and barreling room, and then conclude with a tasting session featuring four different varieties of cava and wine.
Sit comfortable in your spacious vehicle during the return journey to Barcelona, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
- Products you taste are subject to change depending on the season
- This tour operates only in English
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Traditional Food and Wine Small Group Tour from Barcelona.