- Get a taste of Barcelona like a true local on this culinary-focused food tour
- Start the day with an included glass of cava (sparkling wine) and a sandwich
- Explore the hidden gastronomic delights of Born and Barceloneta
- Sample cured meats and cheeses at Santa Caterina Market
- Enjoy an included lunch of 'Paella' at one of Barcelona's oldest restaurants
- Perfect experience for food lovers looking for a less-touristy visit to Barcelona
Departure & Return
- Your guide will be waiting for you in front of the market's main entrance - Your guide will be holding a Devour Barcelona sign. - Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour start time for check-in.
What To Expect
Once your mouth is watering, continue the gastronomic explorations by heading to Santa Caterina Market, a Barcelona food market similar to the famous La Boqueria but with far fewer tourists. Enjoy samples of cured meat and cheeses from the market vendors, and then head into the winding streets of the medieval Born area, where you’ll discover a number of lesser-known Barcelona food vendors, including one gourmet shop that’s existed for more than 150 years.
Leave the Born neighborhood and head to the seaside Barceloneta, where you’ll experience a typical locals-style lunch. Take a swig of vermouth inside a corner bodega (the original tapas bar) before heading to visit one of the city's oldest restaurants to indulge in “paella”.
You’ll end the trip after your lunch with a full belly and a head full of new knowledge about the locals-only eating habits of this famous Catalan city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Non-eating children under 5 years old do not require a ticket
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Available for pescatarians and gluten free with prior notice. Please advise when booking.
- Not recommended for vegans or vegetarians
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Tours require a minimum of just two people to operate
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Devour Barcelona Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff