Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore the magical world of the Catalan wine region
- Discover the complex process of making cava (Catalan sparkling wine)
- Enjoy complimentary wine and cheese tastings
- Professional and informative guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Julià Travel Gray Line Spain, Estació del Nord, ground floor, platform 19
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Catalonia is known as one of the country's most celebrated wine regions, boasting 11 different appellations, more than 2,000 years of wine-making history and annual production in excess of 380 million bottles. The region's output also includes cava, a sparkling wine that accounts for around 50% of the total.
Depart from central Barcelona in the morning, heading first to Bodegues Jean Leon, a winery located in the center of Spain's Penedès region, for a tour of the facilities and a tasting of two of the group's award-winning wines. Head next to Bodegues Torres, where you have a chance to further immerse yourself in the unique wine-making process. Enjoy a tasting of three more wines, accompanied by local Catalonian cheeses. Finish your excursion at Caves Freixenet and spend some time learning about, and tasting, cava. Discover the process behind cava production and then sample two cavas plus some mouth-watering tapas.
Throughout your day's excursion, your guide will also be available to answer questions and share entertaining tidbits that provide further context and history about this unique wine-making region. Return back to your departure point at the conclusion of the day's activity.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Note the visits are hold on foot, wear comfortable clothes.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Please note the legal drinking age in Spain is 18 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The tour bus pickup / drop off point is very close to the Plaza Catalunya square in Barcelona." See review