- Day trip from Beirut to Besharreh, Kozhaya, and the Cedars of Lebanon
- Explore Lebanon’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed Holy Valley
- Discover the Monastery of St. Anthony in Kozhaya and the beautiful Cedars of Lebanon
- Visit the birthplace of the famous Lebanese poet Khalil Gibran
- Savor traditional Lebanese cuisine at a quality local restaurant (included)
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make your first stop in Bsharri—a picturesque town nestled in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Qadisha Valley, whose name translates as the Holy Valley in Lebanese. The site of some of the world’s earliest Christian monasteries, the valley is framed by forested cliffs and known for its ancient monasteries and caves once used as religious refuges.
On arrival, take a leisurely walking tour around this ancient town, and discover how it was the birthplace of the 20th-century Lebanese artist and poet, Khalil Gibran.
Visit the Gibran Museum that chronicles his art and thoughts, and check out some of Bsharri's age-old churches and monasteries. After a stop for a traditional mezze (small dishes) and tapas lunch, continue to the well-preserved town of Kozhaya, another highlight of the Qadisha Valley.
Here, enjoy a guided visit of the Monastery of St. Anthony, a mountainside complex that commands stunning views down over the woodlands and valley.
Next, drive on to see the majestic Cedars of Lebanon, an area of some of the venerated cedar trees that serve as a symbol of the country, and that were once part of its vast, ancient cedar forests. Walk around one of the cedar groves and learn about these magnificent trees, whose timber was used for building by the Phoenicians, Israelites, and Egyptians through the ages.
Hear how this usage ravaged the forests and how, in 1996, these ‘Cedars of God’ were added to the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites to help preserve them.
After taking photos here, return to Beirut where your trip finishes at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nakhal & Cie
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Cedars of Lebanon, Qozhaya, and Bcharre Day Trip from Beirut.