9 to 11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Get an intimate experience of Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii in this full-day small-group guided tour that is fully focused on Kilauea and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. In a small group of no more than six people, go directly from your hotel to Kilauea, traveling past rainforest, lava flows, and pit craters, to explore its diverse landscapes, from the summit to shore. Your day ends watching Kilauea’s lava lake glow red against the evening sky.
- Full-day tour fully focused on Kilauea and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Small-group tour—limited to 6—offers a personal experience
- Hassle-free round-trip transfers from your hotel
- See diverse landscapes, from rainforest to lava flows, while getting insights from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/Airport pickup and drop-off
Transport by private vehicle
Dinner (Guests are taken to a restaurant of their choice to purchase dinner for themselves)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Keahole Airport, 73-200 Kupipi St, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Conditions subject to change.
- Please bring along close-toed shoes.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking.
- A minimum of 2 people per shared and 1 per exclusive is required.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Volcano Van
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kilauea Summit to Shore from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kilauea Summit to Shore from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kilauea Summit to Shore from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kilauea Summit to Shore from Kona: Small Group?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Kilauea Summit to Shore from Kona: Small Group
9 to 11 hours
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiFull-day Tours - HawaiiBus Tours - MauiFull-day Tours - MauiBus Tours - OahuFull-day Tours - OahuCategory
Kilauea Volcano Tours & TicketsThurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) Tours & TicketsHawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tours & TicketsHualalai Volcano Tours & TicketsHiilawe Falls Tours & TicketsKaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park Tours & TicketsOnomea Bay Tours & TicketsKohala Coast Tours & TicketsSaddle Road (Hawaii Route 200) Tours & TicketsPuʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park Tours & TicketsCaptain Cook Monument Tours & TicketsKapaau Tours & TicketsKona Cloud Forest Sanctuary Tours & TicketsHulihee Palace Tours & TicketsPunaluʻu Black Sand Beach Tours & TicketsHamakua Coast Tours & TicketsMountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & TicketsKilauea Iki Crater Tours & TicketsIsaac Hale Beach Park Tours & TicketsHawi Tours & Tickets