- Private, 9-hour adventure from Kona Coast to Volcanoes National Park
- Customize your own itinerary to fit your preferences
- Visit Volcanoes National Park and Jaggar Museum
- Walk through the 400-year-old Thurston Lava Tube
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Your first top of the day is in Hilo. Here you can see Rainbow Falls, Liliuokalani Park and Gardens, and Richardson Ocean Park. After your time in Hilo, go on a scenic drive along the Onomea Bay, and take in views of sea cliffs and tropical rain forests.
Next up on the agenda is Volcanoes National Park. Your guide shows you to the Jaggar Museum to learn about the geology and history of the volcanoes on the island. Enjoy panoramic views of the Kilauea Caldera from the scenic overlook, including the ongoing lava glow of Halemaumau Crater. Then walk through the Thurston Lava Tube before your guide drops you at your hotel or other preferred location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We follow Hawaii State Law. We have 2 Five Point Child Seats and Two Booster seats Contact us for availability.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Big Island VIP
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms