Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Kayak and snorkeling tour in Kealakekua Bay on the Big Island
- Kayak through the bay to Captain Cook Monument with your local guide
- Spot Hawaiian spinner dolphins and humpback whales
- Snorkel in the clear blue water and enjoy a delicious lunch
Departure & Return
Check in Point not launching point! Tour check in Address: 82-5674 Kahau Place Captain Cook, Hawaii 96704 Own Transportation required by all clients from office to departure area. All day time tours check in at our store. After equipment fittings and safety briefing clients drive down to launch.
The tours check out at the oceans edge. Once the tour exits the water our guest are free to leave . The parking lot is close by and they can simply walk to their vehicle .
What To Expect
As you paddle the clear, protected waters, keep an eye out for Hawaiian spinner dolphins as they splash and leap by the shore. In winter, it’s common to see humpback whales as they spout and breach in the distance. Throughout the paddle, your local guide explains the features you see along the coast, from towering sea cliffs or Pali o Kapu o Keoua to Napo’opo’o Beach and the ancient remnants of Kawa’aloa village.
When you eventually arrive at the Captain Cook monument, pull your kayak up on the shore and prepare for the scenic hike, and spend time snorkeling the waters of Kealakekua Bay. Enjoy lunch by the monument, soaking in the views.
The tour ends with a guided paddle back to Napoopoo Landing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note your lunch choice in the special requirements box at check-out: roast beef, turkey, ham or veggie (if tour with lunch option selected)
- For safety reasons, you MUST provide contact information in the Special Requirements box at check-out
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that Lunch is not provided on 3.5 hour tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Aloha Kayak Co
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Will definitely be booking again when we visit the island in the future!" See review