4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Explore the culinary traditions of Bologna with this half-day food tour. Join a guide for a small-group walking tour and taste local specialties such as Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Bolognese ragu, and mortadella. Begin the tour with a gourmet coffee, visit markets, and meet artisans at work to see how tortellini are made. Lunch at a historic osteria and a gelato tasting are included.
- Taste your way through Bologna with a food tour
- Sample gourmet coffee and browse market stalls
- Try local specialties including Bolognese ragu
- Watch food artisans make pasta such as tortellini
Saved to wishlist!
Breakfast with gourmet coffee
Different tastings including bolognese ragù, cured meat, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, Balsamic vinegar Tradizionale of Modena, bread, dessert, local wine like Pignoletto or Lambrusco
Artisan gelato tasting
Local English speaking guide
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Non-eating children under 6 years old do not require a ticket
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Available for vegetarians, pescatarians and gluten free with prior notice. Please advise when booking.
- Not recommended for vegans
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (3km)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Tour starts with at least 2 people
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Taste Bologna
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Classic Bologna Food Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Classic Bologna Food Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Classic Bologna Food Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Classic Bologna Food Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Plenty to eat and drink - you won't be hungry after this tour!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Classic Bologna Food Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 55 minutes
2 hours 10 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingBolognaFood Tours - Emilia-RomagnaWalking Tours - Emilia-RomagnaHalf-day Tours - Emilia-RomagnaFood Tours - ModenaWalking Tours - ModenaHalf-day Tours - ModenaFood Tours - FerraraWalking Tours - FerraraHalf-day Tours - FerraraCategory
Basilica of San Domenico (Basilica di San Domenico) Tours & TicketsAlbergati Palace (Palazzo Albergati) Tours & TicketsOratory of Santa Cecilia (Oratorio Di Santa Cecilia) Tours & TicketsNational Gallery of Bologna (Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna) Tours & TicketsEnzo Ferrari Museum (Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari) Tours & TicketsPrendiparte Tower (Torre Prendiparte) Tours & TicketsSanctuary of the Madonna of San Luca (Santuario della Madonna di San Luca) Tours & TicketsBologna University Quarter Tours & TicketsMarconi Museum (Museo Marconi) Tours & TicketsLamborghini Museum (Museo Lamborghini) Tours & TicketsAnatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio (Teatro Anatomico dell'Archiginnasio) Tours & Tickets