9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Follow your senses on a full-day culinary tour of Bologna’s famous food region. Visit local factories and family-run producers for a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of products enjoyed around the world, including Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Modena balsamic vinegar, prosciutto, and wine. Enjoy samples of fresh, hand-crafted products along the way and indulge in breakfast and multi-course Italian lunch with wine pairings. It’s a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the sights, smells, and tastes of Emilia-Romagna!
- Full-day culinary tour of Bologna province
- Tour local factories and small family-run producers to see how regional products are made
- Taste authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Modena balsamic vinegar, and prosciutto
- Savor a delicious breakfast and traditional Italian lunch with wine pairings
- Experience the beauty of Emilia-Romagna’s countryside
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Start early to see how Parmigiano made, then pair breakfast plus lunch with wine.
Saved to wishlist!
Round Trip Trasportation from and to Bologna
Lunch with matching wines
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please let us know at the moment of the booking where are you staying.
We will come to pick you up and drop you off directly at your hotel or appartment in Bologna City Center.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- All of our guides have precautions such as gloves and masks as required for the Covid-19.
- A hand sanitiser, and masks will be available to all our guests.
- The minivans we use are disinfected as required by law before and after each tour
- We have limited the tour for 12 people to have the possibility to stay in the right safty distance like required.
- If you have any symtoms like fever, cough or exhaustion, please advise us suddendly.
- We keep in all places/Factories and Restaurants the safty distance like requiered.
- Most travelers can participate
- As of August 6, 2021, all guests (except children under 12 years old and visitors who are exempt from it) must present an EU Covid Certificate (Green Pass) to access the Tour. The EU Covid Certificate (Green Pass) is proof that a person has either been vaccinated against Covid-19, or received the first dose (if a vaccine requires two doses), or recovered from Covid-19, or received a negative PCR or rapid antigen test result in the previous 48 hours. Visitors must present a valid ID together with the certificate.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Italian Days
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bologna Food Experience: Factory Visits with Gourmet Lunch and Wine Tasting?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Bologna Food Experience: Factory Visits with Gourmet Lunch and Wine Tasting?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bologna Food Experience: Factory Visits with Gourmet Lunch and Wine Tasting?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bologna Food Experience: Factory Visits with Gourmet Lunch and Wine Tasting?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "meals (breakfast, and a 3-hour lunch) were included with pretty much unlimited tastings of everything including bottomless wine (Lambrusco, Pignoletto (local white)) plus some Grappa!" See review
- "They are not pushy about buying products, but trust me, The food is so good that you will want to bring it home with you!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Bologna Food Experience: Factory Visits with Gourmet Lunch and Wine Tasting
2 hours 10 minutes
2 hours 15 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursDining ExperiencesWine TastingsFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingBolognaFood Tours - Emilia-RomagnaBus Tours - Emilia-RomagnaDining Experiences - Emilia-RomagnaWine Tastings - Emilia-RomagnaFull-day Tours - Emilia-RomagnaFood Tours - ModenaBus Tours - ModenaDining Experiences - ModenaWine Tastings - ModenaFull-day Tours - ModenaFood Tours - FerraraBus Tours - FerraraDining Experiences - FerraraWine Tastings - FerraraFull-day Tours - FerraraCategory
Lamborghini Museum (Museo Lamborghini) Tours & TicketsMarconi Museum (Museo Marconi) Tours & TicketsAlbergati Palace (Palazzo Albergati) Tours & TicketsBologna University Quarter Tours & TicketsFerrari Museum (Museo Ferrari) Tours & TicketsSanctuary of the Madonna of San Luca (Santuario della Madonna di San Luca) Tours & TicketsPrendiparte Tower (Torre Prendiparte) Tours & TicketsBasilica of San Domenico (Basilica di San Domenico) Tours & TicketsOratory of Santa Cecilia (Oratorio Di Santa Cecilia) Tours & TicketsEnzo Ferrari Museum (Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari) Tours & TicketsNational Gallery of Bologna (Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna) Tours & Tickets