- Meet and eat with fellow foodie travelers from all over the world
- Savor an authentic Argentine dinner, paired with four boutique wines
- Eat the very best grade gaucho-raised beef available in Argentina
- Learn to prepare your own maté drink and try alfajores
Departure & Return
The restaurant is located in Fitz Roy 2110, next to the carwash!
What To Expect
Suit up in an apron and chef hat, and then learn how to close traditional Argentine empanadas using different 'repulga' techniques. After, sit down to a dinner consisting of food from all four corners of the country, including bife de lomo, arguably Argentina's best steak. The food served varies, but might include famous culinary exports like chorizo and grilled provoleta cheese, and is paired expertly with four varietals of wine.
Finish by learning how to make your own mate, a traditional tea drink that has its own ritual, etiquette, and history, which you'll enjoy with alfajores, the typical Argentine dessert.
Enter the “aroma room” to test your olfactory senses, learning how to identify wine based on its smell with the guidance of a sommelier. Accompanied by gourmet appetizer pairings, you'll learn to create wine-based cocktails using red wine, white wine and rosé. Then, choose your favorite and mix yourself a large glass to take to dinner with you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian and salmon options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Portuguese option only Fridays and Saturdays
- Note: Experience will start one hour later on December 24, and 31.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Argentine Experience
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Note that this is NOT a cooking class - it is a social gathering where you can learn a little about Argentinian culture along with 16 other tourists, in a lively environment with lots of wine." See review
- "Certainly worth enjoying a dip in the local culture, as well as the wine in copious amounts." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews