- Half-day whale-watching cruise from Byron Bay
- Head out into the bay to spot migrating humpback whales, dolphins, sea turtles, and bird life
- Listen to whale songs with a hydrophone
- The only cruise departing from The Pass beach, offering the fastest route to areas rich with marine life
- Small-group cruise limited to 12 for a more personalized experience
- If no whales are seen, take another cruise for free within a year
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Byron Bay Whale Watching, 9 Marvell Street Address: 9 Marvell Street Byron Bay NSW, 2481 Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age of 5 years old. Not suitable for anyone under 5 years old
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund
- Please dress appropriately (must wear shorts or trousers you can roll up above the knees, as you will get your feet wet getting on board the vessel)
- Please bring a spray jacket (required) to keep dry and wear a warm layer underneath
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to the whale-watching tour
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Byron Bay Dive Centre
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Byron Bay Whale Watching Cruise.