- 5-Hour Byron Bay introductory scuba diving tour
- Learn scuba diving basics with an expert instructor
- Begin with a lesson at the dive shop pool, then head out to Julian Rocks for an open water dive
- Choice of several time slots throughout the day
- Hot showers are available at the dive shop
- Includes scuba instructor, use of diving equipment and storage locker, boat ride, and bottled water
Departure & Return
Please meet us at Byron Bay Dive Centre front office.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to scuba diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from scuba diving, please consult your doctor
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date and time or full refund
- Please note that we require a minimum of 2 people to be booked at each time for the Introductory Dive to run. We can run an Introductory dive for 1 person at an extra charge of AU$65.00
- Flying after diving: If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying. If more than one dive is conducted in the day, or multiple days of diving are undertaken then an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A dive medical is not compulsory if you have no medical issues; however if you are 45 years of age and over or have or had any of the following conditions: Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Heart problems, Lung problems, Ear problems, High or Low blood pressure, COVID-19, current cold/cough/flu/chest infection, then you will need to provide a recreational dive medical on arrival.
- All participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the water.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date and time or full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Byron Bay Dive Centre
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by 5-Hour Byron Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour.