- Full-day cruise by 2-masted sailing schooner to Green Island, from Cairns
- Enjoy the only engines-off sailing cruise from Cairns (winds permitting)
- Spend time at an exclusive Green Island mooring in the Great Barrier Reef
- Swim, snorkel, and dive (additional cost) in pristine waters
- See the colorful fish and other marine life that inhabits the reef
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch, plus morning and afternoon tea aboard the schooner
- Have free-time to relax on the sandy beach or explore Green Island
Departure & Return
Enter the Reef Fleet Terminal and look for Ocean Free & Ocean Freedom desk. From the side entrance enter and look right. If entering from the entrance facing the sea look straight ahead on the right . Check-in is from 7.15 am at this desk .
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Sip a cup of complimentary tea or coffee and snack on fresh muffins and fruit as your vessel prepares for departure. Receive a safety briefing then perhaps assist the crew with hoisting the sails before relaxing and soaking up the scenery as you motor-sail to Green Island.
Green Island is a protected Marine National Park, topped with emerald rain forest and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs, the perfect place for snorkeling and scuba diving. If you plan to scuba dive (additional cost), complete your paperwork and site briefing during the journey over to the island so that you can hop in the water upon arrival.
Your captain moors the boat at Pinnacle Reef just offshore from Green Island. Hit the water and snorkel or dive among schools of tropical fish, turtles, giant clams, shells, starfish and sea anemones in this underwater paradise.
After a morning of snorkeling and scuba diving, a delicious buffet lunch is served onboard your boat before transferring by dinghy to Green Island. Relax on the beach or explore the island. Visit Marineland Melanesia to watch the crocodile feeding and see a variety of marine life up close.
After ample time on the Great Barrier Reef, sail back to Cairns (wind permitting). Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine with your tropical afternoon tea, a perfect way to end your day out on the reef.
This tour is perfect for all levels of water experience with instruction and in-water assistance provided.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 25 people ensures a unique and personalized experience
- Please note: All divers will be required to complete a medical questionnaire on board prior to diving. Please only book the diving options if you have no medical conditions nor taking medication as some conditions/medication preclude you from diving
- Tour requires you to be stable and mobile enough to move around a moving vessel and to transfer from main vessel onto tender and back
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Covid Procedures: Sanitisation stations will be available on board as well as high-touch areas being sanitised regularly, contract tracing will be followed with all details required at the time of booking, upon arrival questions will be asked regarding travel in the last 14 days, contact with any Covid-19 positive individuals and potential symptoms – answers to these questions may impact your ability to travel and will be at the discretion of the crew on the day.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cairns Premier Reef & Island Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands