- Full-day tour of Tulum and Coba archaeological sites
- View El Castillo overlooking the Caribbean Sea at Tulum
- Climb to the top of Nohoch Mul, the Yucatán’s tallest pyramid
- Visit a Maya village for a cenote swim and authentic lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included from the Riviera Maya
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun Hotel Zone
Meeting point for all downtown Hotels in Cancun
Meeting point for all downtown Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Meeting point for all Hotels in Tulum
Please confirm your pick up time by contacting us on the number on the voucher or contacting TripAdvisor's Customer Service.
What To Expect
On arrival at Coba, you'll have a couple of hours to explore the archaeological site with your guide. Follow on footpaths as you learn about significant structures including temples and ball courts. When you reach Nohoch Mul you can climb the 120 steps up the Yucatán Peninsula's tallest pyramid. At the top you're rewarded with sweeping views of the surrounding jungle. Alternatively, rent a bike on-site, payable direct.
Your guide also sheds light on the restored ruins of Tulum during a tour of the ancient city, which was occupied in 1,200 AD. View El Castillo (The Castle), perched on a cliff above the Caribbean Sea, and spend time at the white-sand beach.
Then learn from the cultural traditions of the present-day Maya people on a visit to a village called Esmeralda. Wander through the agricultural community and walk to the cenote for a refreshing dip in the crystal-clear freshwater of the underground cave. Learn about how ecotourism has evolved here and hear about its social and economic impact.
Finally, sit down for an authentic Maya meal including soup, chicken, vegetables, rice, beans and hand-made corn tortillas before your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Note: the order of each tour is determined by that day's logistics.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring comfortable shoes, fresh clothing, bathing suit, extra shirt and cash or credit card for crafts and photos
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old pay kids price. 13 years old children pay adult price
- For safety reasons, at the Mayan village, using cameras and recording devices of any kind (including cell phones, or tablets) are not allowed, except for "action cam" (Go Pro) style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This expedition operates under all weather conditions.
- This expedition is not suitable for children under 6 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated by Alltournative
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alltournative
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Full-day Cultural tour to Tulum, Coba & Maya Village.
- "The ad also mentions harness sizes and physical requirements; probably a copy/paste error from other ads with ziplines." See review