10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Wolong National Nature Reserve, one of China’s oldest and best known panda reserves, sits in Sichuan Province outside of Chengdu. With this tour, spend the day volunteering alongside professional panda keepers as you learn how to care for China’s famous black and white bears. Your bilingual guide will be by your side to translate the entire time.
- Experience firsthand what goes into caring for Giant pandas
- Learn from a professional panda keeper with help from a translator
- Upgrade your experience by having your photo taken with a panda
- Convenient roundtrip transport from hotels in Central Chengdu
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour Hotel pickup and drop-off
Private tour car or van
English-speaking tour guide
Panda Base Volunteering Program fee
Pictures with the Panda (RMB1800, please pay to Wolong Panda Base directly when you are there)
Volunteering fee for Child (0-12 years old) and Senior (66-80 years old)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
In the morning, tour guide will pick up clients from hotel lobby within 3rd ring road of Chengdu city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The age restriction of Volunteering Program is between 12 and 65 years old. If your children are under 12 years old, they are still able to attend, and will be chaperoned accordingly
- Please advise if you would like to take pictures with the pandas in the special requirements, and you will need to pay RMB1800 to Wolong Panda Base directly when you are there
- Please note: Program could be modified based on the health of the pandas
- There is a daily limit of 20 volunteers for the Panda Keeper Program, so please reserve in advance and ensure your vacancy.
- In order to ensure the health of Giant Pandas, do not spray perfume and paint nail polish, do not wear exaggerated ornaments, do not wear slippers, on the volunteering day. Wear sneakers.
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants for Travel Insurance
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Third Pole Tour
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Wolong Panda Base Volunteering Program from Chengdu
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursVolunteer Tours Full-day ToursKid FriendlyDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesChengduUnique Experiences - Southwest ChinaBus Tours - Southwest ChinaVolunteer Tours - Southwest ChinaFull-day Tours - Southwest ChinaUnique Experiences - ChongqingBus Tours - ChongqingVolunteer Tours - ChongqingFull-day Tours - ChongqingUnique Experiences - ChangshaBus Tours - ChangshaVolunteer Tours - ChangshaFull-day Tours - ChangshaCategory
Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)Lingyun TempleZhaojue TempleSanxingdui MuseumWuyou TempleJinsha Site MuseumWangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)Luodai Ancient TownWenshu Monastery (Wenshu Yuan)Jiuzhai ValleyDujiangyan Irrigation SystemChengdu Sichuan Opera Art CenterWuhou Memorial Temple (Temple of Marquis Wu)Song Xian Qiao Antique MarketMuseum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)Mengding Mountain (Mengding Shan)Qingyang PalaceDu Fu CottageHuanglongxi Ancient TownShufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)