Don’t worry—here are some similar options
8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Hike to the most sacred temple in Chiang Mai—Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep—with a park ranger-guide who leads you through the jungle-lined trails of Doi Suthep National Park. Start in the morning with a short drive to Mon Tha Than Waterfall, then trek up the mountain to Wat Doi Suthep. Have time to look around the temple grounds and eat lunch before returning by car to Chiang Mai. Sturdy walking shoes and swim gear are recommended for this active full-day tour that covers rugged terrain.
- Full-day Doi Suthep trek from Chiang Mai with lunch
- Take a moderately challenging hike up the mountain to Wat Doi Suthep
- Cool off at natural waterfall pools along the trail
- Hear commentary from your guide about the national park wilderness and the temple's history
- Soak in views of Chiang Mai from Doi Suthep
- Have lunch after visiting the temple grounds
- Includes guide, lunch, and round-trip transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Lunch and bottled water
Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned car or minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirement.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Chiang Mai Local Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Full-Day Trek to Doi Suthep from Chiang Mai Including Lunch
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChiang MaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandNature and Wildlife - Northern ThailandFull-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang RaiNature and Wildlife - Chiang RaiFull-day Tours - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangNature and Wildlife - Luang PrabangFull-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Wiang Kum KamThai Elephant Conservation CenterLamphunChiang Mai Night SafariArt in ParadiseMae Sa WaterfallThapae StadiumDoi Suthep–Pui National ParkBaanchang Elephant ParkBan Hmong Mae Sa Mai VillageLampangHuay Tung Tao Lake (Huay Tueng Thao Reservoir)Wat Chiang ManChiang Mai Night BazaarQueen Sirikit Botanic GardenDoi Inthanon National ParkGolden Temple (Wat Phra That Doi Kham)Chiang Dao CavesSai Nam Phung Orchid FarmAraksa Tea Plantation